Mission and Belief Statement
The mission of Mapleton Public Schools, a community that embraces its children through high performing schools of choice, is to ensure that each student is empowered to achieve his or her dreams and contribute to his or her community, country and world through an education system distinguished by:
- A resourceful community working together to ensure that no obstacles impede student success
- A tenacious pursuit of rigorous academics and personal development
- An effective, student-focused and compassionate staff
- Small family-like environments where relationships inspire achievement
- Practices that honor the deeply-rooted history and diversity of our community
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- It is the nature of all people to learn
- All people are entitled to respect
- All people determine their future by the choices they make
- All people have equal worth
- The greater good is the responsibility of each individual
- Everyone deserves unlimited opportunity to maximize his or her unique abilities
- Learning always leads to opportunity
- Honest communication is the essence of community
- Integrity is the basis of trust
- People thrive in a caring environment
- Success requires constant improvement
- The children of today are the hope of tomorrow
- Growth requires risk
- All people deserve a fair return on their investment of effort, time, and resources
- We will not engage in anything that does not directly support our pre K-12 educational program and the mission that drives it.
- We will not allow our educational philosophy and practice to be compromised by external factors or forces.
- We will zealously guard our local autonomy.
- We will always expect the best of everyone.
- We will always honor the dignity of each person.
- We will responsibly administer all resources of the District.
- One hundred percent of Mapleton students will meet or exceed established expectations on any assessment approved by the district.
- One hundred percent of our students will experience success in the pursuit of their personal goals during and beyond their years in Mapleton Public Schools.
- All students will possess the character and personal attributes necessary to be responsibly contributing citizens.
- We will ensure the personal and academic achievement of all students.
- We will ensure all staff is exceptional, caring, and capable of meeting our mission and objectives.
- We will ensure all students possess the character and personal attributes necessary to realize their personal goals and potential.
- We will ensure motivating, supportive, and safe learning environments for all students.
- We will establish and maintain effective internal and external communication.
- We will obtain and make maximum use of community support and involvement.
- We will enhance and align facilities to fulfill the mission of Mapleton Public Schools.
- We will create and maintain an exemplary image of Mapleton Public Schools both internally and externally.
May 21 - High School/Intermediate Orchestra 7 p.m., Rosa Auditorium
May 22 - Beginning Band Concert, 7 p.m., Rosa Auditorium
May 23 - Choir Concert, 7 p.m., Rosa Auditorium
May 27 - Memorial Day Holiday, all schools and offices closed
May 28 - Board meeting, 6 p.m., Admin Office (591 E. 80th Ave., Denver)