Adventure Elementary at Western Hills (Pre-K-6)
"Discover the Basics"
Adventure Elementary is an Expeditionary Learning school where students are exposed to rigorous academic experiences, learn to think critically, and demonstrate real world understanding. Fieldwork and service learning projects actively engage Adventure students in their education.
Students participate in Adventure Fitness and literacy enrichment activities during the day, and have the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities after school, including performing arts and student council.
As a part of Adventure's commitment to student success and growth, Spanish Literacy is provided to students grades Pre-K-3.
Adventure also supports the Primary Program to customize lesson plans for students based on their instructional level, not their grade level. Students in the Primary Program have 3-4 years to master reading, writing and math skills instead of the conventional three years. Primary Program families receive regular updates regarding their child's progress and material to encourage learning at home.
Adventure is proud to support parent involvement. Parents are expected to be a part of their child's education and be present in our school either as a volunteer or sharing in your child's academic success. Students are expected to be actively engaged in their learning and set goals for themselves and their achievement.
Adventure students are...
- Students interested in incorporating service learning into daily lesson plans.
- Students interested in taking an active role in their education.
- Students who want to develop strong character and discipline through a school-wide emphasis on character development.
- Students interested in a school that positively nurtures success through celebrations of attendance, citizenship, high quality work, and family involvement to create and build a strong school community.
- Students willing to be a successful leader as well as a productive group member.
- Pre-Kindergarten - 6th grade
- Positive Behavior Support system
- Strong character building component
- Supports Spanish literacy
- Supports Primary Program and individualized learning
- Trimester calendar
Adventure Elementary at Western Hills
School Address: (Map)
7700 Delta Street
Denver, CO 80221
Phone: (303) 853-1410
Fax: (303) 853-1426
7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Pre-Kindergarten - 6th grade
District Upcoming Events
June 25 - Board of Education meeting, 6 p.m., Administration Office, 591 E. 80th Ave., Denver
July 1-12- Welcome Center CLOSED. Please visit or call the Administration Building for assistance, 591 E. 80th Ave., Denver 80229, 303.853.1000.
July 4-5- All District offices will be CLOSED for the Independence Day Holiday
July 15- Welcome Center reopens
Aug. 19 - First day of school, grades 1-12. Check your school calendar for more information!