Explore Elementary at Bertha Heid (K-6)
"Bringing Academics to Life"
Explore Elementary offers students a disciplined and rigorous learning environment through which Expeditionary Learning combines high-level academic content and real world projects. Teachers support a participatory, integrated and active approach to education and students merge meaningful math, science and social studies content with challenging literacy assignments.
Students learn from a combination of whole group (workshop), small group (differentiated and labs) and independent tasks. Explore students are held accountable with rules and expectations that support the development of Compassion, Craftsmanship, Imagination, Integrity, Respect, and Stewardship. Students are also expected to show great perseverance as they work to revise papers multiple times to complete High Quality Products.
Explore Elementary is proud to report high student growth and improvement in achievement. Explore families can expect to find classroom teachers committed to excellence and a challenging environment with rigorous, supportive and engaging instruction.
Explore students are...
- Students with a natural curiosity for how the world works.
- Students who want to exercise both a collaborative and an independent work ethic.
- Students who can't stop asking WHY?
- Students who want to study what they wonder about and what they care about.
Explore parents are...
- Parents who feel getting involved is a necessary and valued piece of their child's education.
- Parents who are excited about hearing their child discuss the glows and grows of their academic success during student-led conferences.
- Uniformed dress code
- Students present evidence of growth with student-led parent/teacher conferences
- Teachers in grades 1-6 stay with students for two years.
- "Gifted and Talented" learning for all students
- Trimester calendar
Explore Elementary at Bertha Heid
School Address: (Map)
2410 Poze Blvd.
Thornton, CO 80229
Phone: (303) 853-1170
Fax: (303) 853-1169
7:35 a.m.-2:25 p.m.
Kindergarten - 6th grade
School Dress Code:
District Upcoming Events
June 25 - Board of Education meeting, 6 p.m., Administration Office, 591 E. 80th Ave., Denver
July 4-5- All District offices will be CLOSED for the Independence Day Holiday
Aug. 19 - First day of school, grades 1-12. Check your school calendar for more information!