Monterey Community School (Pre-K-8)
"Responsible Citizenship in an Atmosphere of Decency and Trust"
At Monterey Community School, students are encouraged to become active participants in the democratic principle of responsible citizenship. Monterey is a genuinely diverse learning community committed to the academic and personal growth of each child; where students develop a passion for learning and a strong community.
Students develop academic and personal attributes along with the problem solving skills necessary to become successful citizens, while contributing to their communities in positive ways. Students at Monterey exercise strong communication skills to foster a passion for the power of all forms of meaningful expression. Teachers are student-focused and instruct each child in the use of and deeper understanding of language in a manner that empowers that child to his or her highest potential. Teachers encourage students to develop leadership skills, empathy and inquiry.
Highly qualified teachers use research-based methodology to allow students to demonstrate mastery in a variety of ways. Music, art and physical education are a daily part of every student's core curriculum.
Monterey students are...
- Willing to demonstrate continuous academic improvement through an ongoing reflection of academic progress
- Critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Responsible for demonstrating mastery in a formal setting through presentations of learning.
- Students who take personal PRIDE in a school that positively nurtures success through celebrations of attendance, citizenship, high quality work, and family involvement to create and build a strong school community.
- Students who do their homework
Monterey parents are...
- Actively involved in supporting student achievement by partnering with the school to support classroom academic progress and classroom policies
- Their childrenâ€™s first teacher and a critical partner in education
- Supportive of our volunteer programs
- Supportive of Mapleton Arts, District activities, and community events
- Parents who desire order in their child's school
- Believe homework completion provides necessary repetition of practice
- Pre-Kindergarten-8th grades
- Students learn in a calm and welcoming community
- K-3 Spanish Literacy Program for English Language Learners
- Community nurtures a primary years program
- Uniformed dress code
- Positive Behavior Intervention System reinforces positive behaviors in classrooms and creates atmosphere of respect.
- Physical, Art and Music Education classes K-8
- Member, Coalition of Essential Schools (www.essentialschools.org)
Monterey Community School
School Address: (Map)
2201 McElwain Blvd.
Denver, CO 80229
Phone: (303) 853-1360
Fax: (303) 853-1396
7:45 a.m. - 2:55 p.m. .
Pre-Kindergarten - 8th grade
School Dress Code:
District Upcoming Events
June 25 - Board of Education meeting, 6 p.m., Administration Office, 591 E. 80th Ave., Denver
July 1-12- Welcome Center CLOSED. Please visit or call the Administration Building for assistance, 591 E. 80th Ave., Denver 80229, 303.853.1000.
July 4-5- All District offices will be CLOSED for the Independence Day Holiday
July 15- Welcome Center reopens
Aug. 19 - First day of school, grades 1-12. Check your school calendar for more information!