Welcome to Monterey Community!
At Monterey Community School, the students are at the heart of everything we do! We are dedicated to keeping our students, staff, and families safe during the 2020-21 school year.
What is Monterey doing to ensure a safe and healthy school year?
- Delaying the start of school to Thursday, Aug. 27.
- Introducing a staggered start to the year. Students return on Thursday, Aug. 27. There is no school for students on Monday, Aug. 31, or Tuesday, Sept. 1. There is also no school for students on Monday, Sept. 7, in observation of the Labor Day Holiday. The first full week of school for students is the week of Sept. 14.
- Filtering indoor air with portable air cleaners with HEPA filters, maximizing ventilation, and increasing circulation of outdoor air.
- Establishing student cohorts group no bigger than 30 students. Cohorting has been found to be the most effective control strategy by reducing the number of contacts between students and adults throughout the school day.
- Staggering arrival and departure times for schools. Additional information from Monterey will be available soon.
- Wearing face masks as much as possible is required for students and staff.
- Adding hand sanitization stations in every classroom, school hallways, and school buses.
- Reconfiguring and reimagining schools and classrooms – from traffic flow to furniture – to promote social distancing.
- Modifying physical education, specials, and extracurricular activities to limit contact, modify the use of shared equipment, and encourage distance.
- Digital thermometers will be provided to families who do not have one at home.
Monterey Community News
All Mapleton schools are pausing uniform policies for the upcoming school year and the district will provide students with all necessary supplies.
Secure your seat in the Mapleton school of your choice today!
Congratulations to Mapleton's Chief Master Sgt. Rodewald for receiving the 2020 Air Force Outstanding Instructor Award!