Academy High School
A School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
At Academy High School students develop powerful problem-solving and critical-thinking skills through coursework that exposes them to challenging engineering and biomedical courses.
Students work to master core subjects with an emphasis on science, technology, math, and engineering, gaining technical skills they may apply in the real world. Students are encouraged to research, learn and apply new material through hands-on projects, activities, and problem-based learning.
Academy High School students embrace their individuality and thrive in a community devoted to the pursuit of excellence.
Academy High School will prepare students with the necessary skills to succeed, compete, innovate and lead in the evolving 21st century global economy.
- Have a strong interest in mastering State and School District standards with an emphasis on science, technology, math and engineering
- Actively seek college preparation
- Desire an authentic and engaging learning environment
- Want to be prepared to compete, innovate and lead
- Take pride in their school and in their peers
- Want to be a part of and contribute to their school and community
- 9th-12th grade
- Semester calendar
- AP classes
- Seven-period schedule
- Students take seven classes per day (including elective/advisory classes).
- Each class meets for approximately 50 minutes.
- Students earn .5 credit for each semester-long class they successfully complete.
- Every Academy student is assigned to an advisory that meets three times per week.
- During advisory students focus:
- Team and community building
- Academic success, including frequent grade and attendance checks
- The development of "soft skills" that include study habits, habits of work, and organizational skills
- Pathways to post-secondary success
- Students remain with the same advisor for the duration of their time at Academy, allowing students and teachers to strong, trusting, and caring relationships.
School Address: (Map)
8970 York St
Thornton, CO 80229
Attendance Line: 303.853.1778
8:30 a.m. - 3:50 p.m.
9th -12th grade
School Dress Code: