Does your child charge his or her lunch? If so, please read the following important information about the charging procedure in Mapleton Public Schools.
All students in grades PreK-8 will receive a reimbursable meal regardless of their account balance. Students in grades 9-12 will be allowed to charge up to five (5) reimbursable meals. Households are and will continue to be responsible for all charges incurred.
Nutrition Services is to handle negative student food service account balances with the following protocol:
- Periodically, households with negative balances will be notified and will have 30 days to make payment arrangements with Nutrition Services. If no arrangements are made within the 30 days, another letter will be sent notifying the household they have 5 school days to make prompt payment, and if payment is not made, the account will be turned over to collections.
- When a student’s lunch account balance is at $5.00 or less, the student will be reminded daily of the remaining balance. The reminder will be discreet.
- When the balance is minus $5.00 or more, an automated phone call will be made to the household reminding parents the account has a negative balance.
- Periodically, households with negative balances of $10.00 or more willl receive a letter reminding them of their negative balance and request of prompt payment.
- If the balance is minus $25.00 or more and the household had received the warning letter, an additional letter will be sent to the student's household requesting payment within five business days, or the debt will be turned over to our collection agency.
You may make payments and add money to your child’s school lunch account online at www.myschoolbucks.com.
Parents or guardians who are struggling to cover the cost of school meals are encouraged to complete a Meal Benefits Application. The information on the form is confidential and is not shared with any agency outside of Mapleton Public Schools.
If parents have questions regarding the change to the charge procedure, please contact Nutrition Services at 303.853.1117.
Please note: Checks placed for collection will be subject to a $20.00 service charge plus all allowable collection costs pursuant to Colorado Revised Statute.