Preschool in Mapleton
Mapleton Public Schools is pleased to offer extensive early childhood education programming. We serve more than 500 preschool students at seven Mapleton schools.
Mapleton Early Childhood Education Program achieves its Preschool curriculum goals through the following programs:
- Dinosaur School– The Classroom Dinosaur Curriculum promotes classroom learning and parent involvement. Dinosaur program topics include: doing your best in school, understanding feelings, how to problem solve and how to talk with friends.
- Funsicle– A motor, social and language developmental program that improves children’s physical, mental and emotional strength and conditioning as well as language comprehension and speaking skills.
- Bridges in Mathematics PreK– A comprehensive PreK-6 mathematics program that focuses on developing children’s understanding and skills in ways that produce life-long mathematical power.
- Dialogic Reading– An interactive reading practice using picture books to enhance and improve literacy and language skills by asking simple questions and following up with expanded questions. Through the reading experiences, the child becomes the teller of the story.
- Young Athletes Program– Sponsored by Special Olympics International, this program provides early developmental opportunities utilizing guided motor activities.
At times, children will be able to use iPads and SMART Boards, along with other various media equipment to enhance their educational experience. Parent permission is required and screen time will align with State Licensing Rules and Regulations.
Our preschool program is fully inclusive, meeting the needs of all learners. Mapleton’s Early Childhood Education program serves families through:
Students who will be 3-or-4-years-old by October 1 of the current school year are eligible to be screened for preschool.
Full-day preschool is offered at Achieve Academy, Global Primary Academy, and Trailside Academy. Half-day preschool is offered at seven additional schools in Mapleton.
Transportation to and from school is provided to families living within the district boundaries. Transportation is provided during regular school hours only (full day and/or morning or afternoon half-day sessions) and is not available for families in our before and aftercare program.
Before and aftercare hours:
- Achieve Academy hours: 6:45 - 8:25 a.m. and 3:30 - 5:15 p.m.
- Global Primary Academy hours: 6:45 - 8 a.m. and 3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
- Trailside Academy hours: 6:45 a.m. and 3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Preschool Enrollment Timeline:
- January 2020
- Preschool applications for enrollment are accepted - apply online!
- Evaluations for eligibility-based assistance will be scheduled in May 2020
- March 2020
- Apply for preschool by March 31 to be included in the first round of screenings and lottery placements.
- June 2020
- Eligibility-based assistance appointments and school placements
- June - September 2020
- Ongoing eligibility-based assistance appointments and placement
- Out-of-district placements made if space is available
Please have the required documents available to submit an application for enrollment into Mapleton's Preschool Program:
- Your photo ID
- Proof of residence (water or electric bills received in the past 30 days, ONLY, must be an original statement, mortgage statement, Please Note: Discontinued notices NOT acceptable)
- A copy of your child's birth certificate
- Your child's current immunization record
- Current guardianship paperwork (if applicable)
- Proof of current physical
Mapleton Public Schools is pleased to offer preschool at seven of our schools:
9100 Poze Blvd., Thornton, CO 80229
Half day – AM session 8:25 – 11:15 a.m. | PM session 12:40 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Full Day – 8:25 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Adventure Elementary (Spanish instruction)
7725 Conifer Rd., Denver, CO 80221
Half day – AM session 8:00 - 10:50 a.m. | PM session 12:15 – 3:05 p.m.
2410 Poze Blvd., Thornton, CO 80229
Half day – AM session 7:50 – 10:40 a.m. | PM session 11:45 a.m. – 2:35 p.m.
Global Primary Academy
7480 North Broadway., Denver, CO 80221
Half day – AM session 8:05 – 10:55 a.m. | PM session 12:25 – 3:15 p.m.
Full Day - 8:05 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Meadow Community School
9150 Monroe St., Thornton, CO 80229
Half day – AM session 7:50 – 10:40 a.m. | PM session 12:05 – 2:55 p.m.
2300 W. 67th Pl., Denver, CO 80221
Half day - AM session 7:45 - 10:35 a.m. | PM session 12:00 - 2:50 p.m.
Full day - 7:45 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
Welby Community School
1200 E 78th Ave., Denver, CO 80229
Half day – AM session 7:55 – 10:45 a.m. | PM session 11:55 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.