School Dress Code Policy
To provide an environment conducive to optimal and safe learning absent of unnecessary distraction, Global Leadership Academy follows the Mapleton dress code. Some specific reminders are below.
Updated June 10, 2022
For the upcoming school year, we ask that all families follow the District standards for dress code outlined in our student behavior handbook, https://www.mapleton.us/Page/5432. Students are welcome and encouraged to show their school pride by wearing school colors, logos tees, and clothing that follows uniform guidelines that they may already have. If families are interested in school logo shirts, please contact individual school directors and they will assist in getting these items.
Able to be Worn on Campus
Mandatory and Allowable Dress:
- Students must wear a top, bottom, and footwear while on school premises
- Items typically worn as undergarments must be covered by a shirt or pants
- Some courses (PE, science lab, electives, etc.) and school-sponsored extracurricular activities may require adjustment to attire and hairstyles or specific attire (safety gear, athletic attire, uniforms, hair tied back, etc.)
- 6th – 12th-grade students must have and display a District distributed student ID when on District properties.
Not Worn in the Building
- Items that expose private parts of the body (genitalia, nipples, or buttocks)
- Items that are typically associated with activities that are outside of the school environment, such as swimwear or biking shorts
- Items with sexually suggestive language or messages
- Items that promote illegal or violent conduct, including but not limited to, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons and/or gang affiliation
- Items that depict hate speech, intimidation, or intolerance toward protected groups
- Items that are profane or legally libelous
- Items that make the student's face unidentifiable, such as dark sunglasses, cinched hoodies, or hats pulled below the brow (protective masks, clothing/headgear worn for religious and medical purposes are excepted)
**Any clothing this policy does not address is up to the discretion of the school Director and Assistant Director.
School IDs & Lanyards
All students who attend a Mapleton Public School in grades 9-12 will be issued a school ID. The ID must be visible at all times and is required to be on any Mapleton school campus.
Dress Code & ID Violations
If a student violates the dress code or ID policy, he/she will be asked to comply, and parents/guardians will be expected to bring a change of clothes if needed. Repeated violations will result in a conference with parents and potential disciplinary action. Appeals may be made to the Superintendent/Designee of Mapleton Public Schools.