UPDATE – August 18, 2021
Posted by Andy Leapley on 8/18/2021
- Construction of the new Valley View PK-8 building continues to progress as crews focus their attention at the top – the roof!
- The foundation is complete and sections of structural steel are set. Crews have enclosed parts of the school with huge, vaulted ceilings. This process has allowed crew members to add HVAC ducts in the north hall, library, and open lab spaces.
- Exterior sheathing is starting to appear on the northeast and northwest classroom walls and will soon enclose most exterior walls in the coming weeks. On the southwest wing, crews are working on the cafeteria and recreation space structural framing. These spaces will serve multiple purposes create limitless learning opportunities for staff and students.
- The new Valley View school building is funded in part by a more than $17M Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) grant from the State of Colorado.
- We can’t wait to begin seeing classrooms and breakout areas start to take shape! We anticipate Valley View PK-8 to open in the fall of 2022.