Health Services School Medicaid Program
What is it?
The Colorado School Health Services (SHS) program is run by the Department of Health Care Policy and Finance (HCPF) and the Colorado Department of Education. SHS is the Colorado state Medicaid program for schools. This is a federal-state matching program designed to help reimburse schools the cost of health services provided to low-income individuals;
What we do
The Student Services School Medicaid Program at Mapleton manages:
- Program requirements, enrollment outreach, and reimbursement funds for delivering health-related services to Medicaid eligible students in our district.
- Assist families with the enrollment process for accessing free or low-cost health insurance.
- Assist enrolled members with accessing their benefits through our case management services
The primary goals of this program include:
- Help students and their families get FREE or low-cost health insurance Medicaid for children and families
- Medicaid for adults without dependent children
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- Reducing the number of uninsured students in school
- Help meet the increasing demand in schools for student health services
The program serves students who are:
- On Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program)
- In a public school or participating district
- Under the age of 21
- Disabled or medically at risk and receiving or referred for services according to an Individualized Education Program
How do I apply?
- You can apply any time of the year for yourself or your child online, on the phone, in person, or through the mail.
- Once qualified, a parent or legal guardian may opt a student into the program by returning a signed one-time consent
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How will this affect my Medicaid benefits
A. It won't! The School Medicaid program is a separate program and will in no way affect your current Medicaid benefits at home. This is a separate program.
- Outreach & Enrollment Form
- Referral Form
Benefits & Services
- Audiology services
- Nursing services
- Occupational Therapy
- Orientation, Mobility and Vision services
- Personal Care services
- Physical Therapy
- Physician services
- Psychology and Counseling services
- Social Work services
- Specialized Transportation
- Speech-language services
- Targeted Case Management