Migrant Education Services
Mapleton partners with the Metropolitan Migrant Education Program (MMEP) to coordinate two key goals:
- To assist migrant-identified children in achieving challenging academic standards, and
- To prepare them to graduate from high school.
By working together, we strive to:
- Identify potentially eligible students – especially those who are the most mobile – through the use of the MEP Occupational Survey (available in English and Spanish);
- Contact candidate families to describe the benefits of the Migrant Education Program (MEP) and obtain the necessary information to document eligibility and enroll them in the program;
- Select appropriate services based on need; and
- Provide ongoing services at a sufficient level of quality and intensity to give a reasonable promise of meeting the needs of the students being served.
To provide eligibility information to Mapleton and MMEP, families will complete the MEP Occupational Survey either through:
- The online registration process; or
- By downloading and completing the MEP Occupational Survey
Completed surveys can either be left at the child’s school office or sent to the Administration Building (7350 Broadway, Denver, CO 80221).