Step 2: Choose!
Congratulations! You are ready to choose the school of your choice and start achieving your dreams in Mapleton!
If you are new to Mapleton, select the button below. Before you begin, it may be helpful to review the list of required application documents
If you are a current Mapleton family:
Students are automatically rolled up into the next grade at their current school unless they meet one of the reasons below:
- The student is attending a school that does not offer a continuing grade level as part of its design will need to choose a school. For example, an 8th grader attending a school that does not offer 9th grade.
- All current preschool students turning 5 years old by October 1 will need to select a school for kindergarten. Preschool students are not automatically enrolled in kindergarten at their current school.
- Parents/guardians want to transfer students to a new school within Mapleton Public Schools.
If you are a current family needing to select a new school, please complete the Annual Update.
- January 1 - 31: Priority Placement Period
- Enrollment applications and school requests are accepted online and at the Welcome Center beginning January 1. Families that complete their application between Jan.1 - 31 have a better chance of being placed in their first-choice school.
- Please note, that students with an IEP will be contacted by the Integrated Services Department.
- February: School Placements
- School placement letters emailed to families
- March 1: Enrollment for out-of-district families begins.
- February - August:
- Ongoing enrollment and school placement (school placement is processed as applications are received)
- Waitlist: Parents may add their child to the waitlist if their first-choice school is full. The waitlist resets at the end of each month.
Families that submit their application for enrollment by the end of January have a better chance of being placed in their first-choice school. Placement notification for any families applying for grades K-12 will occur in February.
The waitlist maintained by the Welcome Center is reset every month throughout the school year. If you would like to keep your child's name on a waitlist for a particular school after one month please contact the Welcome Center, at 303.853.1780.
Special Education Services
We coordinate with our Integrated Services Department on an individual basis to ensure that we have the resources to support your child.
Students under expulsion will have their applications sent to Integrated Services for review.
The District is unable to provide transportation for out-of-district students.
Email address: An email address is required to complete an online application for enrollment. If you need to set up an email account there are many no-cost email providers available to you. Below please find a list of a few options. Please note, that Mapleton Public Schools does not endorse any specific email provider.