Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week - May 3-7!
In celebration of our outstanding staff and in support of their daily contributions to the education of our students in Mapleton Public Schools, the Board of Education will recognize May 3-7, 2021, as National Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week.
WHEREAS: teachers open children’s minds to the magic of ideas, knowledge and dreams; and
WHEREAS: teachers keep the American republic alive by laying the foundation of good citizenship; and
WHEREAS: teachers fill many roles as listeners, explorers, role models, motivators, and mentors; and
WHEREAS: teachers continue to influence us long after our school days are memories;
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED: that Mapleton Public Schools Board of Education hereby proclaims May 3 through May 7, 2021, as NATIONAL TEACHER & STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK in Mapleton Public Schools.
Let us observe this week by taking time to recognize and acknowledge the impact of educators on our lives.
Help us celebrate!
We are inviting our students and families to celebrate our outstanding teachers and staff and the many ways they support our students. Submit a photo, video, and/or a brief paragraph telling us how your favorite staff member helps your child achieve his/her dreams!
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post all submissions on Mapleton's website and our Facebook page.
This year, Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week will culminate with Celebrating Mapleton Day, on Friday, May 7.
What is Celebrating Mapleton Day?
Celebrating Mapleton Day is an entire day dedicated to recognizing the ingenuity, dedication, and incredible accomplishments of the entire Mapleton family!
How can I join in the celebration?
- Wear Mapleton purple on Friday, May 7.
- Send a digital card (coming soon)
- Share your favorite Mapleton story or an appreciation for a Mapleton staff member! You are welcome to send us a video of your appreciation, a written paragraph, or a photo! Email your submissions to email@example.com.
- Share a photo from this school year that brings you feelings of hope, pride, or inspiration. Your photo can be as unique as you are, and can be from anywhere, or anything! Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
- Attend our virtual Awards for Excellence, retirement, and quarter-century club member celebration. There is no cost to attend this event.