Mapleton Public Schools offers a dental insurance plan through Delta Dental of Colorado (Delta Dental).
The plan provides in-and-out of network benefits, allowing you the freedom to choose any dentist. The amount you pay varies based on whether you see a Delta Dental PPO dentist, Delta Premier dentist, or out-of-network (non-participating) dentist.
- You will pay less out of your pocket when you see a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
- Delta Dental PPO and Premier dentists file claims directly with Delta Dental and accept Delta Dental’s reimbursement in full. When you see a PPO or Premier dentist, you will only be responsible for your deductible and coinsurance up to Delta Dental’s approved amount, as well as any other charges for non-covered services.
- If you choose to see an out-of-network dentist, you will incur out-of-pocket expenses, and you will be billed the total amount of dentist charges (called balance-billing).
- When you see a Delta Dental PPO or Premier dentist, you are protected from balance billing.
- When you see a PPO or Premier provider, covered diagnostic and preventive services do not count toward your calendar year maximum.