Download a copy of the York 4-point assessment rubric here.
Standard(s) being assessed:
The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below or there is no evidence of learning.
Descriptor menu: work is missing
- Does not meet grade level expectations even with significant support.
- Learning is basic, limited, and contains many significant gaps or misunderstandings.
- Opinions or judgments are rarely justified and lack detail.
- Infrequently demonstrates critical or creative thinking.
- Rarely applies knowledge and skills without significant support.
- Unable to transfer basic knowledge to unfamiliar situations.
- Restates knowledge without interpretation, explanation, elaboration, or application.
Bloom’s Level: recall, state, tell, list, match, label, choose, define, select, name
Descriptor menu: limited, rarely, little, no, basic, missing, without, lacking, below, inaccurate, inappropriate, insufficient,
- Meets grade level expectations with limited support.
- Produces work of an acceptable quality.
- Communicates developing understanding of many concepts and contexts, with occasionally significant misunderstandings or gaps.
- Begins to demonstrate some basic critical and creative thinking.
- Is often inflexible in the use of knowledge and skills, requiring some support even in familiar classroom situations.
Bloom’s Level: outline, describe, summarize, extend, rephrase, use, show
Descriptor menu: adequate, acceptable, partial, appropriate, somewhat, satisfactory,
- Consistently and independently meets grade level expectations.
- Produces generally good-to-high-quality work.
- Communicates solid understanding of concepts and contexts.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking, sometimes with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar classroom and real-world situations.
- May use knowledge and skills in some unfamiliar real-world situations, with or without support.
- Suggests solutions to problems set in unfamiliar situations / contexts
- Sufficiently justifies opinions and ideas with examples and explanations.
Bloom’s Level: analyze, classify, model, formulate, explain, solve, interpret, discuss, build, compare, infer
Descriptor menu: competently, sufficiently, substantially, coherently, logically, considerable, thoughtfully, accurately, relevant, organized,
- Exceeds grade level expectations in a creative and innovative manner.
- Produces high-quality or innovative work.
- Communicates extensive or nuanced understanding of concepts and contexts (multiple perspectives).
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking, frequently with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar and unfamiliar classroom and real-world situations, often with independence.
- Transfers knowledge and skills with independence and expertise in a variety of complex classroom and real-world situations.
- Effectively utilizes different modes of communication (written, spoken, graphic).
- Perceptively compares and contrasts by making extensive connections.
Bloom’s Level: evaluate, judge, assess, critique, value, prioritize, justify, prove, verify, predict, adapt, combine, compose, design, improve, invent, synthesize
Descriptor menu: perceptive, detailed, sophisticated, sustained, coherent, logical, excellent, high degree, extensive, precise, thorough, focused, completely, consistently, concise,