Download a copy of the York grade conversion scale here.
Performance Level Description
Final Summative Grade Value
- No expectations listed below are met or demonstrated or no evidence of learning has been submitted.
- Does not meet grade level expectations even with significant support.
- Learning is basic, limited, and contains many significant gaps or misunderstandings.
- Opinions or judgments are rarely justified and lack detail.
- Infrequently demonstrates critical or creative thinking.
- Rarely applies knowledge and skills without significant support.
- Unable to transfer basic knowledge to unfamiliar situations.
- Meets grade level expectations with limited support.
- Produces work of an acceptable quality.
- Communicates basic understanding of many concepts and contexts, with occasionally significant misunderstandings or gaps.
- Begins to demonstrate some basic critical and creative thinking.
- Is often inflexible in the use of knowledge and skills, requiring support even in familiar classroom situations.
- Consistently and independently meets grade level expectations.
- Produces generally good-to-high-quality, work.
- Communicates solid understanding of concepts and contexts.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking, sometimes with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar classroom and real-world situations.
- May use knowledge and skills in some unfamiliar real-world situations, with or without support.
- Exceeds grade level expectations in a creative and innovative manner.
- Produces high-quality or innovative work.
- Communicates extensive or nuanced understanding of concepts and contexts.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking, frequently with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar and unfamiliar classroom and real-world situations, often with independence.
- Transfers knowledge and skills with independence and expertise in a variety of complex classroom and real-world situations.