Download a copy of the York 4-point assessment rubric here.
Student & Teacher Evaluation
Standard(s) being assessed:
The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below or there is no evidence of learning.
Descriptor menu: work is missing
- Does not meet grade level standards even with significant support.
- Learning is basic, limited, and contains many significant gaps or misunderstandings.
- Opinions or judgments are rarely justified and lack supporting detail or evidence.
- Infrequently demonstrates critical or creative thinking.
- Rarely applies knowledge and skills without significant support.
- Unable to transfer basic knowledge to new or different situations.
- Restates or Retells information without explanation, elaboration, or application.
Bloom’s Level: recall, state, tell, list, match, label, choose, define, select, name
Descriptor menu: limited, rarely, little, no, basic, missing, without, lacking, below, inaccurate, inappropriate, insufficient,
- Meets grade level standards with limited support.
- Produces work of an acceptable quality.
- Communicates developing understanding of some concepts with occasionally significant misunderstandings or gaps.
- Begins to demonstrate some basic critical and creative thinking.
- Use of knowledge and skills requires some support even in familiar classroom situations.
Bloom’s Level: outline, describe, summarize, extend, rephrase, use, show
Descriptor menu: adequate, acceptable, partial, appropriate, somewhat, satisfactory,
- Consistently and independently meets grade level standards.
- Produces generally good-to-high-quality work.
- Communicates solid understanding of concepts.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar classroom and real-world situations.
- May use knowledge and skills in some unfamiliar real-world situations, with or without support.
- Suggests solutions to problems set in unfamiliar situations / contexts
- Sufficiently justifies ideas with examples and explanations.
Bloom’s Level: analyze, classify, model, formulate, explain, solve, interpret, discuss, build, compare, infer
Descriptor menu: competently, sufficiently, substantially, logically, considerable, thoughtfully, accurately, relevant, organized,
- Exceeds grade level standards in a creative and innovative manner.
- Produces high-quality or innovative work.
- Communicates extensive understanding of concepts and can discuss concepts in multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar and unfamiliar classroom and real-world situations, often with independence.
- Transfers knowledge and skills with independence in a variety of complex classroom and real-world situations.
- Effectively utilizes different styles of communication (written, spoken, graphic).
- Compares and Contrasts concepts by making several connections to other known concepts.
Bloom’s Level: evaluate, judge, assess, critique, value, prioritize, justify, prove, verify, predict, adapt, combine, compose, design, improve, invent, synthesize
Descriptor menu: detailed, logical, excellent, high degree, extensive, precise, thorough, focused, completely, consistently, concise,