District Accountability Advisory Committee (DAAC)
The District Accountability Advisory Committee (DAAC) meetings monthly to review district updates, provide input on budget preparation and may make recommendations to the Board of Education.
Colorado law requires that local Boards of Education create a School District Accountability Committee (DAAC). District administration is requesting the Board assign the DAAC areas of study for the 2023-24 school year. After reviewing State laws concerning DAAC responsibilities and District needs, the following areas of study for the 2023-24 school year are recommended:
- Review and comment on District goals and objectives for the 2023-24 school year with emphasis on the Unified Improvement Plan
- Review and comment on District budget priorities for the 2024-25 school year
- Review and comment on any charter application prior to consideration by the Board
- Review and comment on Federal grants submitted by the District
- Serve as the District Title 1 Parent Committee
- Serve as the District Wellness Committee
- Serve as the District Safe and Drug-Free Schools Advisory Council
- Provide input to the Board concerning the Conduct and Discipline Code
- Provide input and recommendations to the district, on an advisory basis, concerning the development and use of assessment tools to measure and evaluate student academic growth as it relates to teacher evaluations.
- Monitor spending priorities from the 2022 mill levy override to include CTE, Safety and Security, Competitive Salaries, and the Final 4 building improvements.
If you are interested in serving as a member of Mapleton's DAAC, please contact Brian Fuller, Executive Director of Assessment and Accountability, at 303.853.1041.