A quality preschool program can spark a lifetime love of learning for a child. In preschool, children begin building a solid foundation for learning with early introductions to numbers, shapes, sounds, and letters. Children also grow their social skills, learning how to share, contribute and collaborate with peers. Numerous academic studies show children who attend preschool enter kindergarten with appropriate social skills, which leads to better pre-reading skills, richer vocabularies, and stronger basic math skills.
Mapleton Public Schools is pleased to offer extensive early childhood education programming. We serve more than 500 preschool students at seven Mapleton schools. Our preschool program is fully inclusive, meeting the needs of all learners. Mapleton’s Early Childhood Education program serves families through:
Students who will be 3-or-4-years-old by October 1 of the current school year are eligible to be screened for preschool.
2020-21 Early Childhood Education Program and Pricing Brochure
Preschool Enrollment and Placement Timeline:
- January 2020
- Preschool applications for enrollment are accepted online
- Evaluations for eligibility-based assistance will be scheduled in May 2020
- March 2020
- Apply for preschool by March 31 to be included in the first round of screenings and lottery placements.
- June 2020
- Eligibility-based assistance appointments and school placements
- June - September 2020
- Ongoing eligibility-based assistance appointments and placement
- Out-of-district placements made if space is available
- January 2020
Interested in Preschool?
Mapleton Public Schools is pleased to offer extensive early childhood education programming. We serve more than 500 preschool students at seven Mapleton schools. Click here to see frequently asked questions about our ECE programming!