A Big Picture Model School
Mapleton Early Career Prep is a Big Picture model school. Students learn in a college-preparatory environment, balancing classes, independent project-based learning, and real-world learning through professional internships. Students also have access to college courses.
All students create an individualized learning plan based on their academic interests. Around these interests, the student works with advisors, internship mentors, and their parents to create an individualized formal curriculum, internship learning goals, community-focused learning opportunities, and a college readiness plan.
MEC Prep students learn to become problem solvers, lifelong learners, and cooperative members of the community, prepared for college and beyond.
MEC Prep's Distinguishing Features:
- Small class sizes
- Customized Individual Learning Plans
- College readiness focus and curriculum
- Families engaged in creating learning goals and evaluating student growth
- Access to college courses
- Learning through professional internships
- Focus on character and community, including school culture of personal responsibility and Restorative Practice
MEC Prep students are...
- Students interested in getting a jump start on college and a taste of what life is like at their dream job.
- Students who want to become a part of a school community with a strong culture of character, responsibility, and restorative justice.
- Students willing to be coached, receiving in-depth support while being held to high standards and accountability.
- Students who want to develop the personal qualities and skills to succeed, from time management and a strong work ethic to honesty and accountability
- Students who are independently motivated.
- Serve grades 9-12
- 100 percent college acceptance
- Every student has an individualized learning plan
- Semester calendar
8980 York St.
Thornton, CO 80229
8:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
9th - 12th