An Expeditionary Learning (EL) School
Overview of Expeditionary Learning (Spanish version available)
Explore students are...
- Students with a natural curiosity for how the world works.
- Students who want to exercise both a collaborative and an independent work ethic.
- Students who can't stop asking WHY?
- Students who want to study what they wonder about and what they care about.
Explore parents are...
- Parents who feel getting involved is a necessary and valued piece of their child's education.
- Parents who are excited about hearing their child discuss the glows and grows of their academic success during student-led conferences.
- PK-8, Expeditionary Learning School (EL Information)
- Approximately 535 students
- Uniformed dress code (Paused for 2021-2022 school year again)
- Students present evidence of growth with student-led parent/teacher conferences (End of trimester 1 & 2)
- Teachers in grades 1-6 stay with students for two years. (1&2, 3&4, 5&6)
- Middle school students rotate through four content teachers each day. (Math, ELA, Science, & Soc Studies)
- Trimester calendar
Check out our school fun facts sheet below!
School Address: (Map)
10310 York St.
Thornton, CO 80229
Attendance Line: 303.853.1170
7:40 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.