- Mapleton News
- Current Projects
- Completed Projects
- Design Phase
- Future Projects
- 2016 Bond/Mill Project Information
- 2010 Bond Information
- Construction Accountability Advisory Committee
- Mapleton Public Schools
- Mapleton News
Taste of Mapleton
Taste of Mapleton is October 21 - 25!
In honor of National School Lunch Week, Mapleton's Nutrition Services Department is encouraging students to try something new during the 2019 Taste of Mapleton, Oct. 21 - 25!
With the introduction of seasonal menus, our chefs will be phasing out fall dishes in favor of hearty and warm winter favorites. The first featured lunch item from the winter menu was chicken noodle soup, made in-house in Chef Gabe's production kitchen on the Skyview Campus. We are eager to hear what you thought of our featured lunch item!
Other tasty lunch items that are sure to fuel both the body and mind include homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese, roasted chicken, chicken pot pie, beef and noodles, penne with meat sauce, cowpoke burger with green chili, and homemade chili. Nearly all of the menu items listed above are made in-house. Mapleton’s Nutrition Services team has embraced the creative challenge of making healthier, tastier food for children while working within Federal nutrition services guidelines. The results are delicious! Nutrition Services also proactively keeps pricing down to encourage participation in school lunch.
For students in grades K-6, meal prices are $1.90. For students in grades 7-12, meal prices are $2.40. Parents are also invited to enjoy lunch for $3.25. To add money to your child's school lunch account, visit My School Bucks.
Families may apply for school lunch assistance online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application.
All information on the free and reduced federal application is confidential and will not be shared or used for any other purposes.
Taste of Mapleton lunch menu:
- Monday, Oct. 21: homemade chicken noodle soup, taco pizza (made from scratch!)
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: lasagna, breakfast burrito (both made from scratch!)
- Wednesday, Oct. 23: sweet chili chicken (assembled in-house), beef taco (made from scratch!)
- Thursday, Oct. 24: popcorn chicken bowl (assembled in-house)
- Friday, Oct. 25: bean and cheese burrito (assembled in-house), twisted dog (assembled and wrapped in-house)