e are please to announce that the dress code for the 2020-21 school year will reflect the Mapleton Public Schools Dress Code.
Students shall not wear apparel that is deemed disruptive or potentially disruptive to the classroom environment or to the maintenance of a safe and orderly school. The following items are not permitted:
(1) Shorts, dresses, skirts or other similar clothing shorter than mid‐thigh length;
(2) Sunglasses and/or hats worn inside the building;
(3) Inappropriately sheer, tight or low‐cut clothing (e.g., midriffs, halter tops, backless clothing, tube tops, garments made of fishnet, mesh or similar material, muscle tops, etc.) that bare or expose traditionally private parts of the body including, but not limited to, the stomach, buttocks, back and breasts;
(4) Tank tops or other similar clothing with straps narrower than 1.5 inches in width;
(5) Any clothing, paraphernalia, grooming, jewelry, hair coloring, accessories, or body adornments that contain any advertisement, symbols, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that refer to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons, are of a sexual nature, that denote membership in gangs which advocate drug use, violence, or disruptive behavior by virtue of color, arrangement, trademark, or other attribute, are obscene, profane, vulgar, lewd, or legally libelous, that threaten the safety or welfare of any person, promote any activity prohibited by the student code of conduct, or otherwise disrupt the teaching‐learning process.
Every student is expected to comply with the dress code at all times, starting on the first day of school, until the last day of classes, and for all school events unless otherwise indicated.
Appropriate athletic clothing may be worn in physical education classes. Clothing normally worn when participating in school‐sponsored extra‐curricular or sports activities (such as athletic uniforms) may be worn to school when approved by the sponsor or coach. For the full policy on this subject, see JICA: Student Dress Code