- Mapleton Public Schools
Welcome Back, Mapleton!
Happy New Year, Mapleton! Wash your hands, grab your mask, and get ready, because we are gearing up to welcome all students back for in-person and online learning on Monday, Jan. 11!
During winter break we remained in close contact with our partners at Tri-County Health to stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 information and guidance. In preparation for our return to in-person learning, please help us keep our classrooms and community safe and healthy by reviewing the following reminders:
If you are coming back to our classrooms…
- Be sure to check for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to school or going to work. Review the At Home Symptom Screening Tool prepared by Tri County Health Department (https://www.tchd.org/Faq.aspx?QID=686).
- Wear a mask as much as possible. For a mask how-to, check out this guidance from the CDPHE (https://covid19.colorado.gov/mask-guidance).
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day. For a hand-washing refresher, check out these videos from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between you and others at all times. Here are some social distancing tips and tricks from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/social-distancing.html.
- Mapleton has layers of protections in place to keep students and staff safe and healthy. To review the many steps we are taking in our schools every day, visit our website - https://www.mapleton.us/Page/5443.
If you are returning to Mapleton Online…
- Set up your space! For tips on how to create a comfortable space for learning at home, check out this guide from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/learning.html.
- Attendance counts! Teachers are taking attendance and students will be expected to log on at certain times for guided lessons, live instruction, and group work. Make sure you know your schedule and are ready to go every school day!
- Stay on schedule! Daily schedules will include time for synchronous (live, teacher-led) and asynchronous (self-paced, on-demand) learning. This can include live, real-time video calls and lessons, group work, and teacher assistance on various assignments and projects
- Canvas user guides: https://www.mapleton.us/Page/5225
For COVID resources and testing please visit: https://www.tchd.org/827/Free-Testing-Sites.
Nutrition Services Information
The following are important announcements from Mapleton’s Nutrition Services Team about meal distributions for the weeks of January 4-11:
Meal distribution will be held on Wednesday, Jan.6, and Friday, Jan. 8, at the following locations and times:
Global Primary Academy | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m. | 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Clayton Partnership School | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m. | 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Welby Community School | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m. | 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Meal packages will include breakfast, lunch, and dinner and are available to all children under the age of 18. Preordering is not required.
Beginning Monday, Jan. 11, all meals must be pre-ordered. To pre-order meals for your family, please complete the Nutrition Services order form here: https://www.mapleton.us/Page/5436.
Beginning Monday, Jan. 11 meals will be available at the following locations and times:
Global Primary Academy | Monday and Wednesday | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
Clayton Partnership School | Monday and Wednesday | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
Welby Community School | Monday and Wednesday | 8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
For more information on meal distribution visit: https://www.mapleton.us/Page/5436.